Thanks to hard work from @Ivan (and the testing of a few community members) we’re re-balancing practically every weapon. Some things you’ll notice are that shotguns do more consistent damage with a lower damage ceiling than before, the M1 is significantly stronger than before, and using ironsights is more rewarding than before, the HUGE has an increased ammo regeneration rate, and crowbars have a faster base rate of fire and smaller push cooldown.
The balance is subject to change so if you find something over or underpowered, or glitched, contact me or ivan.
You can see and compare the weapon changes here:
There’s also a few minor exotic changes:
- Tranq rifle now fires slightly faster
- Dual Mac10s have slightly more recoil and spread
- Big Bertha has a higher initial of fire and takes less time to reach it’s max firerate, and also has an increased clipsize
- M3 Garand has a higher rate of fire and faster burst speed
- Warlord has a slightly higher firerate but slightly higher recoil
- Rab-Wroc has had it’s push cooldown slightly reduced.
And finally, bugfixes and assorted changes people dont care about!
- Mass unboxing no longer disconnects you if you have a large enough inventory (it also no longer crashes other people)
- GMod will actually blink it’s window again once a round starts and you aren’t in spectator
- Hitreg has been improved, especially for high ping players
- Some unobtainable exotics now have proper descriptions (Thanks @CCX9010)
- Certain special ranks now have their own rank colour (CCX again)
- uhhhh i think ccx also added some new legendary names i think giving him code access was a mistake
And if you got this far, please enjoy a friendly reminder that next month, HarrysMod turns 2! We’ll be bringing back last years birthday event, and a meaty chunk of new content to keep you satisfied for a few months.