DarkRP Server

With the DarkRP server’s proposed release only a couple of months away, I thought that maybe we could resurface that topic of conversation. For those who don’t know what DarkRP (Dark Roleplay) is, it is a game mode on Garry’s Mod where you are supposed to live out a sort of lifestyle, playing as a number of roles, including but not limited to; Citizen, Swat, Mob Boss, Black-Market Dealer etc… For a more detailed explanation I have attached a link here: DarkRP Information.

I was also hoping to ask some questions about what we can expect concerning the DarkRP server:

1. Will we be able to keep our ranks on this server?
  2. What will be the rules about RDM and RDA?
  3. Can we expect anyone to be checking the server regularly for RDMers?
  4. Will this affect the amount of staff we have on the TTT servers?
  5. Will different ranks limit our access to certain IG positions or items?

I hope that all goes well with making the DarkRP server and I also hope that many people will enjoy it as much as we enjoy TTT.

Thanks, CascadeX

2 Likes

what?

2 Likes

Here is the Topic where @meharryp mentions the DarkRP server: ttt.meharryp.xyz is no more!

1 Like
  1. No
  2. I’m hoping the server will require little to no staff intervention, so RDM will be allowed but it won’t be unpunished, for example, you might kill someone and have a 10k bounty on your head. Arresting will also be a little different too, players won’t be able to just arrest anyone they want. Obviously this is all really, really early, I’ve not started working on anything yet so it’s all subject to change, but towards release I’ll be doing some closed beta tests to gauge how everything works.
  3. See above
  4. No
  5. No, just like TTT buying a rank won’t make you more powerful
6 Likes

Thanks, for this information. Now I have a sort of idea as to what kind of server we will be getting. Good luck! :+1:

2 Likes