Dedicated Mutators Server

Hello.

I’ve been thinking about how some things can be spiced up that isn’t an effort to reinvent inventories, reimagine attachments or otherwise make people “slave” over the game to get enough scrap for this, that or the other. I think I’ve come up with a concept that may achieve just that.

@Torterra1111 this may be of specific interest to you as it could coincide with event planning etc.

Dedicated Mutators Server

The idea behind a new dedicated server is to totally seperate this concept from Main/Genesis, as we’re essentially going to be doing things to the game that fundamentally change the gameplay. Not everybody is keen on that idea, so it’s only fair that it’s a separate entity from the classic gameplay that everybody is familiar with.

Mutators

When I say “mutators” I mean changing certain values of the game to spice it up a little and add a little bit of unpredictability to the playing. This isn’t the adding of taunts, sprays, attachments or anything of the sort. I’m talking about either changing the cosmetics, audio or fundamental TTT aspects. I’ve come up with a few examples to better illustrate my vision:

Mutator Explanation
Undercover In an “undercover” round, there will be the normal amount of Traitors (proportionate to the number of players online), but detectives will not be listed. Instead, a handful of innocents (again, proportionate) will find DNA scanners in their inventory and can covertly carry out the duties of a Detective. This means Traitors cannot so readily plan ambushes on the big bad blue boy and need to be a little more clever in their approach.
Silent Disco In a “silent disco” round, guns don’t make noise. I don’t mean they are quieter, I mean they are totally silent. This makes the idea of investigating a gunfight more challenging, as you won’t know that one is actually taking place, unless @Whipandnaenae is screaming his head off like something possessed.
Arbitrary Arsenal Probably one of the less preferred rounds, but seeing as the very nature of this kind of server is to cause chaos and despair, I think it’s pretty fitting. In this round, whatever weapons you had chosen from your inventory are irrelevant, because they’ll all be replaced by random weapons from your inventory. Have fun ending up with a shotgun on Crummy Cradle!

Again, those are just some ideas I’ve come up with; there’s almost certainly other ideas that could be piled in with the same spirit and concept.

What would people think about having something like this? A totally unpredictable dick-around version of TTT that will cause @Randy_Dandy to scream and @CCX9010 to giggle relentlessly.

10 Likes

I like these ideas.

There are some versions of TTT that add different roles into the game, like:
Jester - Their goal is to be killed by an inno/det, in order to win their portion of the round. They also replace the person that kills them (inno dies, jester becomes inno). Jester also deals no damage.
Infected - A zombie-like role, where the goal is to infect everyone alive, by punching them to death, in order to win.

Those are the only 2 I remember, but there are more.

This may not have been at all relevant to your suggestion, but I just wanted to add it, because it’s something I would also enjoy. :blush:

3 Likes

Anal Prolapse: Every player will be half their hight compared to usual (compressed down)

1 Like

surely you mean

height

1 Like

I’ll show you what real hight looks like your prickly cactus

surely you mean

height

again

Freaky Friday Round: Everyone’s name gets switched with someone else for purposes of the ttt_radio binds and such. You also spawn with said person’s equipped guns.
Would be funny to see people kos themselves in vc

3 Likes

All great ideas, I like the sound of this.

1 Like

i like cheese

1 Like

Seems this idea has died on it’s arse already.

@Torterra1111 make it happen anyway.

Honestly, seems like way too much effort

More effort than the perpetual never-ending tweaking of the stats of various guns that ultimately always breaks something else and so the hellish cycle continues? I disagree. :slight_smile:

Prophunt servre

good idea, but i have an extra suggestion for a round type
london nostalgia: everybody only has knives and headcrab barrages constantly spawn

1 Like