General Ideas for Harrys mod

After playing for a bit. i realised i get bored quickly as i have done the things i aimed to do (2 Quests, Afew rounds and Had fun)

I decided to give a few ideas to increase the Lifespan of Harry’s mod. 2 Smaller Ideas and One large idea.

THIS IS A MEGA THREAD. ALL IDEAS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE THREAD AND CREDITED

1. Weekly/Daily Hunts

Every Day/Week a Random weapon is chosen. (Primary/Secondary/Melee)

Your job is simple. Get the most kills with that weapon to win scrap. This would increase if its weekly and less if it was daily.
You would want to play more and change weapons to give variety to the server if you gain cool rewards for it.

2. More difficult/Unique Quests

There are some painful quests to do Like spend 10 credits as a detective or 5 Traitor kills as innocent. But a nice idea is to give new Quests.

The Quest UI would be changed to have One Class Ques, one Weapon Quest and one Unique Quest
Class Quests are the same as before. But you only get one of thoes.

Weapon quests are killing Correct players (Innocents and Detectives killing Traitors and Vice Versa) With specific weapons.
This could be 10-15 amounts of players with a Huge or a M228 Or 5-10 players with T weapons such a a Knife or a Head Crab launcher.

Unique Quests are Random objectives that don`t take much to do. such as Walk X amount of tiles. Collect X amount of Ammo. Or defuse X amount of C4.

And my idea for a large Expansion (I would need feedback)

3. Weapon levels and Perks

All weapons now can go up Lv.30 max. EXP is gained when you Correctly Kill a player with the gun. Every 10 levels you receive a random Perk. When your gun is lv.30 you can spend scrap to reset all levels and perks back to 0 To Try gain the perks you want. (this is repeatable but will cost more)

Several ideas i have for perks. The more the better i believe.

I have Not specified the % (Percentage chance) Or # (Number of) as i don`t know anything about balancing and that can be left to people with a better idea
On Kill effects

Chromatic - On Kill have a % Chance to go invisible for # Seconds

Third Eye - On Kill have a % Chance to Highlight all other players for # Seconds

Inner Fury - On Kill have a % Chance To Deal 10-20% More damage for # Seconds

Fear - On Kill have a % Chance to Hide a Players Body (Only visible to you) For # seconds. This is automatically removed if you view the body.

Blood Lust - On Kill have a % Chance to have % More fire rate for 30-60 Seconds

Adrenaline - On kill have a% Chance to gain a % Speed Boost for 10-30 Seconds

Unrelenting - On kill gain % more damage forever (This Would be small)

Soul Tap Stats
This can be simplified down to Lose % Stat (Hp,Speed Boost,Jump Height and fall damage reduction) to gain a % stat for your gun (Damage, Accuracy, -Recoil, Clip size, Bullet count, Fire Rate)

Life Tap - Lose # Hp per # Seconds(This would be dependant on the damage boost). Gain # more damage/Fire rate

On damage Effects

Venom - On hit have a % chance to deal 1-5 damage over # Of Time as Poison

Flame - On hit have a % chance to deal 1-5 damage over # Of Time as Fire

Shock - On Hit have a % chance to deal 1-5 damage over # Of time as Electric

Poison is a slow damage effect. Fire is shown as your on fire and Electric deals more damage if you are moving. Each one can be tweaked to be more balanced.

Critical - Have a % Chance to deal % More damage on any shot.

Unstable Have a % chance to fire a explosive shot that deals # More damage and has a AoE effect

Vortex Have a % chance to Bring your target # Of Meters towards you

Push Back - Have a % chance to Push your target a # Of meters Towards you.

Heavy Slugs - Have a % chance to Slow down your target by %

D U C K S - On kill Emit a Quack

Area Effects

Social Butterfly Gain # More (Damage,Fire rate, Ect) if there are # or More players around you in a # Area

Leper Gain # More (Damage,Fire rate Ect) If there are # Or Less players around you in a # area

These are All my ideas but you may have more. If this gains traction i will Add more perks suggested by you to the list.

Unusual weapons, - Ajgunstone
All Legendary Could have a TF2 unusual effect. T3`s Could Rarly have an effect. This effect would be a cosmetic effect

Gun/Hat skins, - Ajgunstone
VIP`s can decide to Skin their guns/colour any colour For an aesthetic effects.

Please give feedback about my ideas + give your own suggestion.

EDIT - Amended Perk ideas
EDIT2 - Unusual Weapons,VIP Colour Skins.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Incorrect thread.

B A N N E D

But i guess i will add something

1 Like

I think idea #3 would be a cool way to have more personalization options for your guns. We have name tags and skins, but it would be fun to have more personalization options. Although I think it would be better if instead of picking the perk you receive, it is randomized. That way everybody won’t be going around using all the op stats and resetting the perks with scrap would have more value. The only negative impact this might have is giving the regulars even more of an advantage over newer players. I think it would be cool as long as it is balanced +1. I also agree that the quest system needs a remodeling.

1 Like

That is the only reason i haven’t given stats on each buff. I can see where your coming from so yeah. i will amend the suggestion. A random perk that after lv.30 You can re-roll seems fairer to do. I will probaly think of a scaling system or a Prestige system where re-rolling your guns even if they have the preferred perks would be benifital to the player. like a scrap sink if this gets more traction.

But please. give ideas for new perks.

2 Likes

Unusual guns:
All legendarys have an effect, t3’s have a chance of having it, any other gun is either impossible to get an effect or very unlikely ( it would be bs tho )

Coloured Hats:
All hats, like guns have a colour depending on, unusual type and stat.

1 Like

Since this is a no-downloads server, i do not know how many different effects we can get or if we can even get tracking on the guns to do so. But unusual weapons would be nice. i am guessing we would use the TF2 effects so 5 in total. Adding it to the thread.

Coloured Weapons should be a VIP perk. VIPs Want more benefits so this seems like the best way to do so. not to make it out of tier but just a choice as a problem would be being able to be KOS`D on Colour of hats being very distinct. VIPs could choose to handy cap themselves for style so this would be better. Adding this to the thread.

Keep it comming. this could become a mega thread for ideas.

1 Like

These are all the tf2 ones:

but you probably could put something like “green energy” on the end of a rifle

How about one that has a small chance (like up to 10%) to make the person you shot drop their weapon? Maybe call it Butterfingers?