How do i get the skins to work?

some of my skins (deagle hex and crowbar gold and the glock skin) do work, they dont show up as an error, but most of the skins just show up as an error (pink and black).
i first thought it has something to do with missing textures, so i downloaded the textures for cs-source, and a few skins acctually worked (deagle hex), but the other ones didnt. i already own csgo and tf2, so i definetely have those textures.

Are there any important textures i need to download?
or is there a different way to fix it?

Try extracting this to your data folder
http://meharryp.xyz/s/harrysmod.zip

dont listen to him thats a virus

Could it be the setting in the multiplayer options? Like, go to settings, multiplayer and the last tab. Make sure it says “Allow custom files” Probs could work aswell. If not, do what harry said above.

Ir didnt work, i did both things and the textures are still black and purple

Well, could be that some files from another server is getting mixed up with the files on this server? Or maybe the Cs:source files didn’t get moved over correctly. I’d suggest that you either buy cs source. Or just reinstall Gmod. And make sure to uninstall it completely, and then after add the cs source files. I’m not sure if it’s gonna work, but worth a try.

And also, make sure you add the cs source files right after Gmod is installed, don’t go into any servers before that.

1 Like

Not Not CCX9010 doing the bumping this time

How dare you.

1 Like

I was always against CCX bumping into old posts. But guess what? You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

4 Likes