I got bandinoed for client-side lua that I have no idea about

Bug description:
The anticheat banned me for client-side lua, but I don’t know what would have caused that. I might have had an addon enabled that conflicted with the anticheat but I don’t know what addon that could be off the top of my head.
Steps to reproduce: I don’t know
Screenshots (If applicable):

@meharryp could you help

1 Like

are you per chance using a gmod copy that has been family shared?

No. I don’t think you can go online with family shared copies.

What is a guy from the US doing in a server like this anyways? And why decide to make an appeal in a server you’ve only played for a minute, when there’s thousdands of other servers? What makes you want to come back to this server?

1. I believe I was on here before and liked this server. My server list is flooded with russian, polish, and german servers so this was one of the few decently populated (not over-populated or empty) servers I found at that moment.
  2. Because I feel like this ban was a bit unfair, and since it was an automated anti-cheat ban, I fear this same thing might happen on other servers if I don’t find out what triggered it.
  3. Because I was on here before and I liked it. Plus, the unique features this server offers are pretty cool.

Normal server or Minecraft maps?
Also you’re not banned, the anitcheat only kicks you.

The first time I think it was the normal server. Just joined the Minecraft server and it kicked me again, this time /1232 or /1332 I think.
Rejoined normal with no manual addons and got kicked with /1276.

Just disabled all my addons and restarted. Joined Minecraft. Got kicked again.

I don’t know what’s going on.

Well, you’re probs running something in the background that it doesn’t like.

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.

I was running the 64-bit beta. Apparently CAKE doesn’t like that.

Great.

1 Like

This is the forum equivalent of waking up in the middle of the night after being asked something in the afternoon that you couldn’t remember, now knowing said thing.

3 Likes

Yes. I am.
ドドドドドドドドド

@meharryp CAC falsely detects users on the x64 branch - Cake seemingly has no intention to fix it since he might be working on CACv2 (might be a meme)

2 Likes