Inster cease and Luke even more

Luke, there’s two things to take here.

1. 90% of things said ever are just slanderous comments.

2. You’re the one that set your reputation like this. If you can’t grit your teeth and bare it, that’s your own fault. As the saying goes, “you’ve made your bed, now lay in it.”

5 Likes

90% is extremely high. Most conversations can be civilised without need to try belittle anyone.

And again, I’ve changed my approach entirely since my return, I’ve stayed almost entirely away from controversial topics, avoided arguments which previously would’ve gone on for days, and been as neutral to everyone as humanly possible.

I’m making an active effort to make people realise that I’m not this demon they seem to think I am but I think some people would rather not hear it at this point.

And you know if you wanna hold a grudge then fair, whatever. But don’t then try influence other people’s thoughts on me,

Cos like I say, I’ve changed from the argumentative person I always was. I won’t deny I’m still somewhat arrogant but one thing at a time ya know?

1 Like

Dude, the 90% was a quite obvious exaggeration for emphasis. You’ve completely missed the point. And I wouldn’t say you’ve changed your approach. You’ve reverted to how you were pre-people’s voice, maybe slightly more tame.

It also shouldn’t be an improvement to avoid controversies and arguments. That should be the baseline, if anything. But congrats on being neutral, mister Screamo-Isn’t-Music.

It’s not that I don’t believe you’re making an active effort. It’s that the active effort you’re making isn’t big enough to begin to forgive how you were. I’m aware people change. And I’m hoping you can be one of them. But you’ve done a rather shoddy job at proving that.

Grudges will exist. It’s not like you were banned over a light disagreement. Some of the shit you said and did was really fucking bad. And that’s on you. You can’t blame people you went for if they don’t forgive you, especially considering the earlier points I’ve made.

And I’ll repeat, if you’ve changed then you’re showing it rather poorly. As for the arrogance, I’m not exaggerating when I say that it’s borderline imperious. Tone down the ego. Then tone it down again. When you think it’s at an acceptable level, bring it down just a smidgen more. Then people might be able to see it as banter rather than just blinding arrogance.

9 Likes

Yeah inster is right, your ego is still massive, and that’s the main issue. Plus the fact you haven’t changed your behaviour to responses, cause you miss the point of messages unless they agree with you. And if they don’t agree with you, you try and twist them to try and make them seem like you’re right and you’re totally the victim. When you show you’ve changed, nothing will change cause we at Harry’s mod are all cunts that like to take the piss. (@MiloMuffiN hiya). And until you learn that, this sort of shit is gonna keep happening as you can’t seem to alter the size of your ego

5 Likes

I’d say that’s extremely harsh. There was a time when most of us were at peace and everything was chill. It’s entirely achievable for everyone to be on a neutral level with each other.

I’m not bothered if people don’t want to forgive me, you do you ya know? I won’t be holding any grudges, there’s more to life than that imho.

I do think you’ve exaggerated my arrogance quite a lot. I’m confident in my own ability and that’s what’s enabled me to achieve what I want to in my life so far. I know full well I’m not the greatest person here, and I never will be. That’s not what I want to achieve either.

I fully understand that there’s an arrogant aspect to my character but it has been fading gradually since my return, I can promise you that. That is due to the people I’ve become close to in the past couple of months.

Finally, it’s well-known that most things that I have an opinion on, I have a strong opinion on. Having strong opinions doesn’t affect who I am whatsoever so I think it’s a bit harsh to use that against me. People have different opinions. It happens ya know?

1 Like

Three things you’ve said, all contradicting each other. As dakka said, you change your tune to try and be in a good light.

4 Likes

I did say ‘almost’, I am fully aware that was controversial and thats why I didn’t say all, hence why it resulted in agree to disagree.

2 Likes

I think quite a few people would disagree.

5 Likes

I don’t think I speak for only myself when I say you’re word is about as valuable as an empty dog shit bag. Words are great, but you need to put them to affect to prove anything.

4 Likes

With the things your “strong opinions” have caused, I think it’s perfectly fair.

4 Likes

That’s actually got a use tho, dog shit. Therefore it has some value.

4 Likes

What are you trying to achieve then? Because currently it looks like you’re just trying to subtly piss every individual off and then cover up the fact you’re doing it.

3 Likes

I only have this to say on the matter: Go to bed, Luke.

5 Likes

Correction, you are pissing everyone off, and are failing to cover that fact up with your twisted statements

2 Likes

What benefit would I get out of trying to piss everyone off? That’s the opposite of what I’m trying to do mate.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to work out. And I’m going to call back to the point of if that’s not what you’re going for, then what the fuck are you trying?

1 Like

I’m just trying to clear the air. It really is as simple as that. There’s no elaborate plan behind any of this. I’m just being honest.

As mister just said, we don’t understand. And well you’re failing to clear the air you’re making it worse. Massively.

2 Likes

You’ve done about as good a job at that as China.

2 Likes

How? I can only be 100% honest and realistic with it, I can’t offer more than that.

1 Like