My Unban Appeal

As some of you may remember im MrArtist, for those of you that dont remember me Greetings.
Im writing this ban with an open mind and i hope you can read it with one.

Ill get to the point, I was banned for hacking around a year ago I dont remember why i did it other than i was salty i didnt realise that for the people around me i was affecting that there game quality was becoming horrible, I wouldnt call myself a bad player i just wouldnt call myself the best, I just wanted to be the best i had a strong drive and i took it all in the wrong places, Now before you think once a hacker always a hacker and all that fun stuff let me lay out some things.

I was Banned, Yea i didnt man up and admit i was hacking but what hacker does i thought i could get away with it i thought i was too good i thought i was some next level untouchable “Godlike” Gmod player, I was clearly proven wrong.

There is clear evidence of me cheating, I wont deny that, I hacked simple as i have little to no leg to stand on with this.

However, I was unbanned after writing an essay and spewing an apology and “Rigging a vote” (I still claim im not dumb enough to rig a vote with usernames that had my main in there BIO) The staff team as far as i was aware had voted to unban me, I was over the moon id spent time writing an apology and clawing at staff member to unban me, I was generally greeted back into the community however a few players disliked my return (Obviously this was to be expected) So i decided to take a brake and let water flow under the bridge, I took lets say around a month break from the server hoping people would forgive and forget or atleast forget, Most of them did and i re entered the server and played happily.

But unfortunately if that is where the story ended i wouldn’t be writing this.

I was later to find out i was unbanned infact by a corrupt moderator and some of the staff that had voted me back have left and as a result about 3 months after my ban and me playing with no issues for 2 months after the one month break i was banned yet agian, I was pissed.

I was disappointed i generally really love this server, Its one of the reasons my hours are so high on gmod, I made a second ban appeal and was greeted saying once a hacker always a hacker, I had proved i had changed in the two months, as far as i was aware i was being given a second chance, during those two months i dont think i was even reported for rdm to be honest.

So here i am writing my third ban appeal hoping desperately that my second chance will be re instated, I’ve waited a year to let water flow under the bride, Or what feels like a year at least.

I Realize this ban appeal is pretty long, I hope you read it all and can grasp how much im trying to apologies to both the staff and the players experiences i damaged.

Agian, I hope you read this with an open heart and mind, Many thanks

Mr Artist~

Below is the Original Evidence of me hacking.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but surely with all the stuff going on with hackers like sidewalk recently, it would be stupid to let a known hacker back in? Yes he could have changed by now, but with the server in its current state, I don’t think it’s a good idea to bring someone like that back into the community. Just my opinion tho.

2 Likes

Bruh. When I first saw you come back to the server, you got multiple headshots with a shotgun in a single round. When you had been banned before for hacking, it was super suspicious.

1 Like

Then why ruin it by hacking in the first place? You seem like an alright guy but you should never have been unbanned. Hacking is a perma ban and always should be - Nick was wrong to unban you. However, as I was not part of the original decision making, the staff part of me is staying out of this appeal. As a player, hell no.

4 Likes

For context only, WhateverThisIs is the original appeal (the first post has been removed now, but still)

2 Likes

i’ve only seen you a couple times on the server when i just joined the server with my friend
i didn’t know you we’re hacking and i generaly liked seeing you being online cuz most of the times i was on you we’re also on.

i guess i am sorta sad that you we’re exposed as a hacker because i didnt see it coming that you we’re one.

i would like to believe you changed and personaly i welcome you back to the server.

but its not up to me if you will be unbanned or not. so i hope you really changed your ways and you will be unbanned

I’m all up for second chances and all that, and an unban is an unban. so I guess giving you a second chance wouldn’t harm the server, but if you where caught cheating/hacking again, I would imagine you would receive a permanent perma ban

third chance*

oh, no unban for him then

Countdown its not a third chance, The second time mane banned me was because he didnt agree with me being unbanned, If you check his “Evidence” its the exact same evidence as what was in the first ban appeal from me hacking, Please double check this before you make false claims

1 Like

Its only my second chance, The proof of me hacking mane has is the same proof aquired the very first time i was caught hacking, Just re used to tell everyone i was hacking and that i shouldnt have been unbanned and thats why he re banned me blah blah blah

I understand your decision i guess its hard to explain really, I had no real reason, i think what led me to it was i was told by a hacker that got banned that you could see pumkins with the ESP, “during an event” and this made it easier to get guns, Alot easier and it just lured me into it i never did it for the aimbot i just guess a hacker is a hacker full stop and i wasnt satisfied, However now ive lost everything i realise just how satisfied i should have been. Alot of stuff has happend outside of gaming in the last year that has opened me up to this. Thank you for taking you time to actually read this though.

Before i hacked i was a good player anyways, My KD before hacking was like 2.48, I have no clue if i got all headshots or how however i remember my shotguns are super OP or was, I also understand this is stupidly suspicious.

What I’m about to say isn’t to offend you in any shape, way or form. You genuinely look like a nice guy and people seemed to like you and you probably won’t hack again.
But, what kind of example does the staff show if you do hack again?? That people can cheat, be forgiven and cheat again?
How much trust can we put into a man’s word? We don’t really know who you are, or where you’re from or what to do in case you hack again besides perma banning you and throwing you off the wagon… Which can lead to a mistrust between the community and the staff on whether or not they’re capable of fullfilling their roles.

Again, I’m not trying to insult you and I read your points, although I don’t agree with the statement of once a hacker always a hacker, we need to maintain a safe enviroment for all and there’s a reason you were banned in the first place (a grave one at that), only a few get unbanned of.

In the end it’s the staff’s decision, whatever happens good luck!

6 Likes

Thanks for your kind reply, I understand your decision and understand the environment the staff is attempting to maintain, There isnt a question to if i will hack again the answer to that is a Definitive no, I’ve lost alot of trust within the community and i understand the fact that the staff dont really wanna put there neck on the line for me, Many of them dont know when i started hacking etc so they dont know what to make of me, As far as there concerened i was a hacker full stop, But a few of them im hopping will remember me before i hacked, Remember the time i spent on the server playing as a normal player, And hopefully some of the people will too.

Agian
Thanks for you time and consideration on this matter.
Mr Artist.

2 Likes

The unbiased story of what actually happened has been told to new staff (we have the original ban appeal posts in full), and most of the staff here were playing/staffing at this point (with the exception of Insert).

Thanks for the info CCX, But the original ban appeal was pretty crap as i stated in this one, In regaurds to this i was on about the staff knowing me before hand, As in how i acted around players so on and so forth.
Its also nice to know the staff are taking this seriously, And not just leaving it as “Once a hacker Always a hacker”

Thanks for the reply.
Mr Artist.

Some more proof of me writing an apologie and being offered a second chance

AldronTTT Staff

Dec '17

Well, I’m glad that you apologized atleast. But still, you hacked cause some people were calling you names, I’m not sure how using aimhacks is gonna make it any better. All it did was ruining the game for the other players. You might have enjoyed it, but nobody else did. And then also you did lie on your ban appeal, which just made things worse for you. I usually have zero tolerance to cheaters, they do nothing but ruin the game for others. But, since you’re an alright person besides the cheating, I’d be okay with giving you a second chance, but only in one condition. Reply here, with atleast 200 words on why cheating is bad and how it would affect the others around you. I just want you to learn why it’s bad. It’s like a homework for you, take any time you want. But I’d atleast keep the ban until the end of this year. But as soon as you’ve done the 200 words essay, I’m okay with giving you a second chance, unless it’s complete crap. 200 words is really nothing, this whole thing I wrote is 200 so its ez. Have a good new years.

After this i wrote an essay of around 500 words explaining myself and apologizing to the community, But once i was unbanned i wanted to forget about all this mess so i tried deleting the original unban appeal and stuff that i commented and let water flow under the bridge.

Unfortunately now im trying to find everything i wrote as a display of what i did ( reason i was banned included) And stuff like that so everyone can have all the information possible

You hacked imo you should have not gotten second chance. That’s it.

1 Like

Thats your opinion, However hopefully its not everyones.

Thanks for your time and your comment