New Ranks for trusted community members

Hi all. I think I speak for the majority of the community here when I say people are very unhappy with the current lack of regular admins online.

While I admire the work of 3000, Mane, CCX, Insert, and the others,we desperately need to support our admins, as so many others are inactive.

I am proposing new lower ranks being granted to regular and outstanding members of our community. These new ranks would not have full admin power however. Instead, they would rely more on policing the server through the means of voting.

These new ranks will be able to vote kick and vote temp (up to 1 hour), removing RDMers and other toxic players who may join the server while the admins aren’t online. By using votes, it is unlikely this would be abused, as the majority of the server would have to agree.

If the Staff rank is to remain as elusive as it is, then this change feels necessary to ensure the longevity of this server.

9 Likes

I think this is a good idea as the minecraft can become unruly and no admin want to come on. It would also make the mentally handicapped on both servers be punished easier.

3 Likes

As much as I’m all for the #MoreStaffAndMaps movement (and totally not shilling myself wherever possible), I think this would really help for times when no admin can even be on due to life and whatnot. A vote kick is about as effective as a vote spec without a temp ban on it so giving select individuals the ability to temp ban for an hour would greatly help.

Obviously there would need to be a lot of discussion as to who should have the power but that’s a bridge to cross when we get there, and there’s more than enough responsible individuals on here I’d reckon.

3 Likes

we have the member and VIP roles, which can vote kick, but i doubt harry would add another role that can do a Vote 1h ban. theres a higher chance of harry making someone else staff
but not a bad idea

1 Like

VIP can be bought and it’s not hard to become a member, although there’s trust level 3 on the forums called regular which could be used to give some people to option to do vote kick and vote 1h ban. But I think the staff could “promote” these upstanding people so they could control the environment.

Make votekick work again and have a 15 min cool down. Either that or do a moat and have trial staff (operator rank) who have like a 2 week trial period or some shit I dunno

Ducks

8 Likes

WE NEED MORE STAFF TO ENSURE THE SERVER STAYS ALIVE. Simples

8 Likes

That votekick only works on main unfortunately.

2 Likes

#MoreStaff AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

5 Likes

This is a good idea, plenty of trustworthy people for this that play at various times of day so it would ensure that there is some control throughout every day. Regardless of if this happens or not, some serious staffing changes are needed, but this would be a good start!

4 Likes

But I can see the temp ban abused easily, especially in the Minecraft server when there are a lot of newbies who would vote yes for “Your mum gay” and ban people just because someone thought it is funny, or just because one guy is salty. We need more staff, trial staff and that’s it.

2 Likes

That’s why temp ban would be given to people who can be trusted, just any random person.

3 Likes

who can say who is trusted and who isn’t

2 Likes

The community, I’d imagine.

3 Likes

“the community” are many people, you know, we can’t make community voting, and giving the staff and meharryp the role to choose them, it makes a whole MoreStaff problem. I also think that this power would be held against people who are weak in the community.

2 Likes

Like LlamaLord or heskan

3 Likes

or any other guy that isn’t much liked in that moment

2 Likes

Well in the case that it is abused, it would be an easy fix - revoke rights and ban the abuser. While Llama and others aren’t favourably viewed, you don’t see the current members of staff abusing people they don’t like, and if they do there’s an easy fix for that too. Ban em, toxic people as staff isn’t okay.

If people were given these rights, it would be to people respectable enough to not abuse them, as any admin, just that these powers could be given more freely allowing these admin-lites to help the admins, with the same amount of respect, just less power overall.

2 Likes

But banning people like this will be… Harsh? And it will still take more work for appeals and evidences

1 Like

yeah but VIPs cant vote kick on mc

1 Like