Suggestion: get more staff members!

Hi everyone, I’m a newcomer to Harry’s Mod. I’ve played for about 10 hours so far and had a mostly great experience. One thing that has bugged me during my time so far, however, has been the lack of staff members. In the ten hours I’ve been playing (all of which have been during peak times), I’ve seen only one staff member. In the same time period, I’ve witnessed and been the victim of many mass-RDMs. Almost all of the perpetrators of these incidents have not only been unpunished but have not even been votekicked! I understand that the summer holidays can create scheduling issues for staffing, but summer is also a peak time for server newcomers and I fear that, if there aren’t more staff present, the server will run rampant with RDMers. I’ve seen a server I previously frequented be completely destroyed by a bad summer that came about as a result of poor staffing, and I’d hate to see this community, which I’m liking more and more by the minute, see the same fate.

3 Likes

Heyo. Harry - The server owner is very picky on the staff.

It dosent help that there isnt really a template for applying and staff have lives too. I would agree with you on that there could be more staff.

But when he does pick staff there dedicated, Trustworthy and supportive.
I hope harry and others pick up on your concern and try to make more staff. If you want a better experiance try the main server from morning till 6 PM (not as toxic) as the Minecraft server is where most of the retards come to. However alot of high lv players go onto the main server so be sure to steal their guns when they die :^) (people also use the MC to farm MVP boxes due to the low LV noobs.)

But i do hope you continue to play on! welcome to the server,

1 Like

more staff is good, but even those who can just insta kick someone would be good. as they can kick someone until an admin comes to ban. or what ever

3 Likes

Helper rank, I think meme suggested that before, insta kick and possible some kind of ban but for a minimum time, also the ability to slay 4 times ( 2 T rdm slays, any more would and should be considered mass rdm )
[EDIT] OR bring back operator

4 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, Torterra! I’ve been playing mostly within that timeframe and on the main server, I can understand that the staff would get sick of just playing on Minecraft maps! I can understand an owner’s wish to be picky on staff, but it seems to me that the community is full of dedicated and hardworking people like TheLazyEngineer who would suit a staff role.

1 Like

this has been brung up many times before but it is up to harry when he wants new staff member which other staff members need to put their say into who would be good and should be put forward and they get staff, this happens near enough every new update or after it, sometimes later. It is usually people who play the server and are ‘trusted’ that get put into the staff team, and will not ‘abuse’ their powers, Although most staff aren’t on for different reasons, so more staff members would be needed as we need more active staff, most the time only 2 out of 9 are frequent on, as most of them come on for 30 mins then leave or only come on when other staff are on then leave when the other staff leaves. Plus there is a constant of rule breaking which only gets dealt with when a staff member is on which is kinda annoying as they only come on when at certain times which ruins the fun for others as they can’t do anything about the ‘rulebreaker’ and this leaves a bad representation of the server, and this can happen for the whole day until a staff is pestered to come on or when they do come on.
I see why you’ve had a bad experience so far on the server as staff,like i said, aren’t on frequently that ruins your experience of constant rdm and no punishment, but hopefully this post will enlighten the staff that they’ll need to come up with something to deal with this, whether it be a new staff member or they come on more frequent.

4 Likes

There isn’t a template for applying because the staff I want to have are able to work without constantly being told what to do.

As much as I’d like to go through the hundreds of staff applications and accept lots of them it’s pretty hard to find someone who has the properties I think make good staff. There’s been a few suggestions from existing staff members and yeah I’ll agree that the server is understaffed, so we’ll have a nice conversation about who suits the job best.

5 Likes

yeah, that would be good, and it would control the server more hopefully

1 Like

i think there should be more staff and I for one would be pleased to eventually become staff after a while and i think there would be plenty of reasonable people that would be great as staff

3 days,
I think you need to first get more wel known in the community and have more hours on the forums and on the server to make a chance tho. No hate, just telling you facts. Sorry dude.

2 Likes