Thought On Helpers (Please Share)

I want staff because players are mean to me :frowning:

1 Like

I thought its possible to make a new role and have it just inherit rights from a previous one so the it has all the commands still and just call that one whatever the fuck you want

1 Like

The issue with that is that a new role cannot access the reports menu unless Harry manually connects it up, and we are having issues getting him to do things atm so we aren’t doing anything big.

1 Like

I want staff because players are mean to me :frowning:

2 Likes

iwas promoted to helper a couple hours before you? how do you sound now fool

1 Like

I spent less time in helper then both of you lmao

Imagine not being operator >:) 2017 >:(* BAD
be like

1 Like

@ajgunstone FUCK OFF YOU DIRTY FUCKING PRICK GO AWAY!

1 Like
1 Like

Um I’ll have you know you um just got promoted close to voting?

1 Like

I want to note that i didn’t have the problem of being not taken seriously as a helper, but on one occasion (given that my time as a helper was short that might explain it). Otherwise, I was taken seriously. I’d also note that adding players to the staff team will make any member with 1/2 an eye in on who’s staff will know who on a probationary period.
I agree that helper should be renamed.
I think a senior helper would be a nice role to have as it dictates a position meant to be asked questions.

That said I think Helpers should have bans and ban id but should communicate with staff about their bans. I think finding players new to staffing is quite hard in this environment so giving them the ability to ban wouldn’t be harmful.

I wouldn’t mind having only staff though, I don’t think it’s by any means necessary.(doubt that’s gonna happen as well).

1 Like

Senior helper is pointless. Helpers answer to and should seek anyone above them if in need of assistance. Adding a senior helper would just mean taking all that and dumping it on one person’s shoulders.

1 Like

To add to this, there’s plenty of Staff now so it’s not like it’s hard to seek someone above them.

Edit: forgot to mention the cheesy aroma that I emit

Edit: Inster get fucked

1 Like

I think that people misunderstood my original point/suggestion/proposal.

My suggestion is that all current trial staff — @Charging_Badger, @Spondo, @Picksiesox, Vossybossy/Topwanker (no idea what forum name they have) — all get put into the “Staff” role in-game and into the @TTT-Staff role on the forums. The benefits to this are clear:

• Normal players can’t use “trial staff” role as leverage to legitimize sanctions;
  • Trial Staff aren’t under pressure from the entire community, as most people will simply assume “Staff means staff”
  • Trial Staff will have access to everything they would use as a staff member, allowing Community Managers to fully assess their ability to do the job.
  • More inclusion into the staff conversations, no feeling of being left out of discussions.

It’s a win win for everybody. Get rid of the “helper” role entirely, amalgamate it all into the one group, stop having this rank hierarchy that is unhelpful.

4 Likes

Could you refrain from tagging the entire staff group, come on dude

5 Likes

Yes promote me on my second day after none of these things being issues and real staff just means I get more commands to abuse people with

1 Like

My bad lmao I was just putting it into a sentence and it’s did the ping-pong-ching-chong.

2 Likes

But they are issues lol, also if you don’t trust yourself with the whole array of commands then…

1 Like

I understood what you meant :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

ur cute af call me x

3 Likes