What music do you like

When has there ever been a person been banned for holding an opinion that does not break rules? your just looking for an exit point.

Lets leave this convosation at
A. What people deem as music can be fully decided by googling it
https://www.reddit.com/r/Metalcore/comments/6835vd/is_screamo_an_actual_genre/ and debating from others.
B. Unless you break rules. we dont ban people out of spite because an opinion is different to others. We will however mute you if the agrument about said subject becomes violent or invasive
C. you are free to report admins who do this. We always try to keep admins to an ethical standard.

Screamo is a unique way of singing something, my question is what you deem to be music
The Concise Oxford Dictionary defines music as “the art of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion”. So tbh a 5 year old screeching “let it go” with her patting her hands to the “Rhymm” is technically music. You may not like it but thats how it is. in this case Screamo has very expressive emotions that are shown in a vocal form that you dont like. Thats life.

We can have a civil debate without sparking emotions and being passive agressive. im happy to debate this as a debate isnt saying “who is wrong”. is it finding “what is wrong”.

7 Likes

Jesus christ i just asked a simple question no reason to start a full blown argument

2 Likes

You saying screamo isnt music because you dont like it is just like me saying pop isnt music because you dont like it
Grow up Luke

4 Likes

Read the comments before commenting please in future.

Is not because I don’t like it, I just don’t think screaming takes any skill. Ik some of you will disagree with me on that but that’s just my opinion.

Try again. Also don’t tell me to relax, I’m perfectly calm.

5 Likes

I did
Didnt stop me from telling you to stop

2 Likes

There’s no argument going on mate. It’s a debate. As multiple comments from various people have shown

Heskan you are not understanding the situation going on I don’t think. Let me tldr it for you:

Luke says songs with screaming are not music

Lots of people have said that’s not true

Now he’s getting banned for having an opinion

4 Likes

if screaming isnt music then how come i enjoy the sounds of screaming that come from my basement. checkmate libtards :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I was just expressing my concern that it may become an argument and that I didn’t want that to happen is all.

I see that as an argument but ait, who cares

1 Like

Screaming into a microphone takes a lot of talent and effort. It makes me calm and gives me a save feeling.
Tbh Nightcore is bad

3 Likes

ah yes, a man of culture.
sabaton are quite epic. but have you heard of glen miller?

4 Likes

yay what an amazing thread thanks @Cpt.Vagan

1 Like

You’re forgetting that pretty much anything is music, whether it’s shit or not. Example(s): #1 The Ghost, #3 Better Days, #4 You’re The One For Me

#2 Dance bangs though

4 Likes

The numbers aren’t part of the songs. Just their order on the EP. Also my new song is out if you wanna check it out, it’s on all streaming services and is a step up from anything on the EP.

1 Like

damn that gud

2 Likes

2 Likes

Also even Hardcore/Hardstyle is music and some of the songs are literially just bass
(e.G. “Trip To Ireland” wich is actually quite nice)

2 Likes