The future of du(c)koins

Hello! The duckoin rules have been updated in an attempt to prepare duckoins for becoming a valued currency.

Updates:
As always, duckoin codes can be traded freely, however, to prevent abuse all duckoin transactions must have all parties agree on the transaction, and for me to be informed so I can update my database with the new owner. Note that it is still the new owners responsibility to provide me with the duckoin’s code. Also, each duckoin can only be traded once per week.
Important: In order to redeem your duckoin you must sign a NDA which will be sent out to all recorded duckoin owners before the redeeming peroid begins. If you do not sign the NDA by the end of the redemption period your duckoin will be terminated and permanently invalid. However, if you are unable to redeem it for a reason your period may be extended. Note you can only get an extension on your redemption period after the NDA is signed. If you can get in contact with me you will also be able to sign the NDA so it should be fine in most cases. You cannot have multiple extensions and must provide a valid reason.

Exception:
If it is someone’s birthday as many duckoins can be forced upon them as people like.

5 Likes

for a currency to have worth, everyone must agree that the currency is legitimate and has use.
you have a chinese bitcoin basically. if people do not see this as being valuable then people will ignore it and go back to scrap.

i also have no idea what is happening with your “duckcoin” whether its internal or external to hmod. however you have got your self a rather large scam here if you decided to just take what people gave you for your so called coin, and then just bugger off.

5 Likes

This whole thing seem’s inconsequential and a big waste of time.

3 Likes

wow codey you just summed up harrysmod

5 Likes

I knew people would make this observation before I made duckoin which is why I am currently only giving it away for free and only producing a very small number which will all be redeemed before more are made and given out.

1 Like

I agree with Hennerz on this. I am doing it only for fun and curiosity.

1 Like

I would like to purchase your finest bitcoin

1 Like

Give duckcoin and i trust duckcoin

1 Like

Also @duck, i guess a duckcoin is a random string of numbers? Because if so, are you using a java script to determine if a coin is valid, or not or a duplicate and in order to create new coins and keeo track of how many exist?

1 Like

I don’t actually need a script to see if the hashes are duplicate because I just use different groups of words to create an MD5 hash so it’s much easier to make sure that they are not duplicates because all I have to look at is the much smaller text. Also I wouldn’t need one anyway since currently I don’t have that many.

2 Likes